Nelson Croom publish online learning courses for membership organisations and professionals.
Anna Faherty worked with Nelson Croom to develop Social Media for Professionals, a comprehensive online resource to help professionals use social media to support their individual and organisational goals and boost personal career development.
Key learning outcomes include:
- Identifying the most personally relevant social media platforms and tools
- Appreciating the importance of social media etiquette and appropriate privacy settings
- Using social media to stay up-to-date
- Developing your personal social media brand
- Building an online professional network
- Monitoring the effectiveness of your social media activity
- Integrating social media as a tool within your wider organisational practices
The course offers approved continuing professional development for a number of different professions. The 2016 update features new sections on virtual events, live streaming and social media, while also integrating new platforms and tools, such as Instagram and Slack.
Very wide yet fairly specific introduction to social media with practical examples. Good roadmaps to get started.
Very useful ideas to present to partners who have no social media policy.
It was easy to follow and gave me an insight into how companies are using social media in their marketing strategies.